If you a fan of Japan’s entertainment industry, you may have heard him sing or saw him act. If you been to Japan, you may have saw him in advertisement billboards or television commercials – or featured on JAL’s aeroplanes body. So, Who is MATSUMOTO JUN and why is it important to know about him? Well,these are brief details about him you should know about a Japanese entertainer named MATSUMOTO JUN
[ BACKGROUND CHECK ]
Matsumoto Jun (松本 潤) born on August 30, 1983 in Toshima, Tokyo, Japan. Youngest in sibling of two, with an older sister. Blood type ‘A’ and born under Virgo star sign. Working under Johnny’s Entertainment talent agency as an idol, singer, actor, artist and also television and radio show host. However, Matsumoto Jun is even well-known as Do-S of Japanese top boy-band, ARASHI.
Does it ring a bell?
Well, ARASHI is a Japanese boy-band debuted on September 15, 1999 at Honolulu, Hawaii. Aside Matsumoto Jun, the members consist of Ohno Satoshi, Aiba Masaki, Ninomiya Kazunari and Sakurai Sho. They are official ambassador of Japan Tourism and Japan Airline (JAL), along with few other products like Hitachi, Kirin and others for their individual entitlement. Arashi was enlisted as FIRST in WORLDWIDE BEST-SELLING ALBUMS by Global Album Chart back in November 15, 2106 for their first week ‘Are You Happy?’ album released.
[ PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT ]
Aside their achievement in best selling albums and singles almost every release, Matsumoto Jun has his shared of personal achievement. He won a few Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor throughout his acting career. Apart of all personal acting achievement that Matsumoto Jun achieved, he is so much involves in Arashi concert’s planning – a concert master at one point.
His involvement in making everything perfect, that he leads staff and members in songs sequence, track list, lighting, gimmick and etc. He even invented ‘Johnny’s moving stage‘, a transparent moving stage that moves above audiences, aims to reach out closer to audiences that seated further from the main stage.
[ TRIVIA ]
Now we come to fun part, details pertaining Matsumoto Jun.
- Referred as an ‘elite‘, as he was excluded from audition after received an invitation phone call from Johnny Kitagawa directly.
- The first Japanese male to make it to the cover of the Japanese Marie Claire magazine. The only guys to grace its cover in its 24 year history have all been foreign superstars including David Beckham.
- Even though he is “A” type blood, his rhesus is negative – A very rare blood type.
- He was almost blown by the wind while holding a flag during Arashi debut event in Hawaii.
- He took on the role of Domyouji Tsukasa, with one of reasons – for Arashi to release a new single, “Wish”.
- He claimed to be not able do a back flip.
- He is a big fan of Harry Potter franchise.
These are a few facts gathered from talk shows and magazines interviews throughout the internet.
The list might not complete, but at least it provide a baseline picture to who Matsumoto Jun is.
With that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATSUMOTO JUN!